Sunday, March 25, 2012

Forced Perspective

Well, tonight I have quite a bit to feel sad or angry about. But you know something? I'm not going to complain about any of it. I'm tired of feeling sad and angry, and I'm tired of putting so much effort and care into people who refuse to make me a priority. So, instead, I'm going to try and write about the good things that are happening in my life, and hopefully that will make me somewhat happier.

I have a few really good friends. They have stuck with me through everything, despite mistakes, despite distance, despite differences, and it's baffling and amazing.

Directing a show at a high school over the past three months was a truly incredible experience. The whole community came to support us. Watching those kids grow and work and play and build relationships was so, so rewarding. I know that becoming a teacher was exactly the right thing for me to do.

I'm starting to save some money, slowly. This is a very good thing.

I had a wonderful, fun, delightful first date last night, and it sparked something inside me that's lain dormant for quite a few years. Also, The Hunger Games was a really good movie. I'm looking forward to a second date with this girl :-)

Somebody said hello to me today that I had no idea still knew I existed. It touched me, and I'm grateful for the select few that think to offer little comments like that every so often.

I've got a few opportunities approaching as far as performing, that could be really fun. I'm hoping something will come of them!

Kind of a lame update, I know, especially after so long a hiatus. But there it is. Maybe it will set a good tone and precedent for the rest of this year. I wish myself good luck :-)

No comments: